The Fairfax Community Library is located at Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax, Vermont. Our physical and mailing address is 75 Hunt St. All Fairfax residents may sign up for a free library card. Non-residents are welcome to use the library and may get a card for a $15/yr. fee. Or, if your home town library is a member of the Homecard System, and your account is in good standing, we will honor your current home library card here.
Thanksgiving Week Hours
Monday 9 – 5:30
Tuesday 9 – 8
Wednesday 9 – 12
Thursday & Friday closed
Saturday 9 - 1
Fairfax Community Library
Joint Board Meeting
November 13, 6:30. Fairfax Room
2. Public Input
3. Review and vote on updated Fairfax Community Library Policy
4. Continue discussion of petitions in the library.
The library is working on creating a logo and a motto or catchphrase for the library. Please help us gather some input by taking our very brief survey!
The library will be open 9-12 on Wed. Nov. 26th, and closed Thursday and Friday Nov. 27th & 28th. We will re-open on Saturday with normal hours, 9-1.
We will be weeding all the children's videos (VHS format) from the library collection soon. (Adult and others were removed last year.)
If you and your kiddos still watch movies on VHS, you are welcome to purchase any of our movies before the Thanksgiving holiday for $1 each.
Know an artistic teen?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOOK AWARD
REDESIGN THE LOGO FOR
THE WINNING ARTIST WILL RECEIVE
AN iPad MINI
COURTESY OF THE
VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARIES
Guidelines For All Students in Grades 9-12:
1) Create a new logo for the GMBA that captures the feel of Vermont and what reading means to you.
2) Email your piece as an attachment to GMBAcontest@gmail.com by February 28, 2015 or mail a hard copy to GMBA Logo Contest,
c/o Poultney Public Library, 205 Main St., Poultney, VT 05764.
3) Please list your name and school and/or hometown to be
considered for the prize, which will be chosen in March.
4) Pat yourself on the back. Art is fun. Sharing your work is courageous.
Free family passes to parks and museums across Vermont are available at the library!
Passes may be reserved up to a week in advance by phone or in the library, and must be returned on the same day as they are taken out. These are open year-round:
Echo Leahy Center: Admits up to 4 people, $4 each. (www.echovermont.org)
Vermont State Parks: Free entry into state park day areas for up to 8 people in one vehicle (10 am to sunset) (www.vtstateparks.com)
Vermont Historic Sites: Free entry for one family or groups of up to 8 people (www.HistoricVermont.org/sites)
Vermont’s History Museum: Free family admission (www.vermonthistory.org)
Shelburne Museum: Free family admission.
Birds of Vermont Museum: Free admission for one immediate family. (http://www.birdsofvermont.org)
Elder Education Enrichment: Free pass to attend one lecture per person per semester. (www.EEEVermont.org)
Passes may be reserved up to a week in advance by phone or in the library, and must be returned on the same day as they are taken out.
With your YELLOW LIBRARY CARD you can:
- Have access to your library account.
- See what you have out & when things are due.
- Renew your materials.
- Put items on hold.
WE ARE PART OF THE HOMECARD SYSTEM!
- You can use your Fairfax card to borrow books at 20 public libraries in Chittenden, Lamoille and Grand Isle Counties!
With a library card issued from your home community, area residents can check-out materials from 20 libraries in Chittenden, Grand Isle, and Lamoille counties. Known as HomeCard, this cooperative system provides users with expanded library hours and a large collection of books, magazines, videos, music, and recorded books available for check-out.Libraries participating in the HomeCard system include:
- Varnum Memorial Library (Cambridge/Jeffersonville)
- Charlotte Public Library
- Burnham Memorial Library (Colchester)
- Essex Free Library (Essex Town) listed under departments
- Carpenter Carse Library (Hinesburg)
- Grand Isle Free Library
- Georgia Public Library
- Huntington Public Library
- Jericho Town Library
- Milton Public Library
- Richmond Free Library
- Pierson Library (Shelburne)
- South Burlington Community Library
- South Hero Community Library
- Deborah Rawson Memorial Library (Underhill/Jericho)
- Westford Public Library
- Dorothy Alling Memorial Library (Williston)
- Winooski Memorial Library
HOW COOL IS THAT?
To get more info and your new card, stop by the library!